The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (Numsa) will be holding a Special National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting as from tomorrow Tuesday 09 July 2013 –until- Wednesday 10 July 2013, at Vincent Mabuyakhulu Conference Centre, Gerard Sekoto (Cnr Bree Street), Newtown, Johannesburg, Gauteng province.
The Special NEC will receive political, organisational and financial reports from the elected National Office Bearers (NOB’s).
The Special NEC will also have structured and focused discussions on the following key and pressing political issues;
• Numsa’s position on the political and organizational challenges within COSATU; and the ongoing process by CEC appointed facilitators to deal with the ideological, political and administrative issues within COSATU;
• The “classification” of the eNkandla Report by the Ministry of Public Works;
• Numsa’s preparations for the Alliance Summit;
• Latest developments on collective bargaining demands or Wage negotiations in the automobile, auto, trye sectors and Eskom;
• Medupi project in Lephalale, Limpopo; And
• Increasing number on the unnecessary death of young initiates in various parts of the country.
A post-NEC Press Conference will be convened on Thursday 11 July 2013, to announce the key outcomes and decisions. The Press Conference will be addressed by National Office Bearers (NOB’s) of NUMSA, namely General Secretary IRVIN JIM, Deputy General Secretary KARL CLOETE, 1st Deputy President ANDREW CHIRWA, 2nd Deputy President CHRISTINE OLIVIER and National Treasurer MPHUMZI MAQUNGO.
The details of the Press Conference are as follows:
DATE : Thursday 11 July 2013
TIME : 10H00am (sharp)
VENUE : NUMSA Head Office, 153 Gerard Sekoto (Cnr Bree Street), Newtown, Johannesburg
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and report.
Castro Ngobese, National Spokesperson – 0810111137