MULTIMEDIA > MEMBERSHIP > BENEFITS
PURPOSE OF YOUTH
- Youth Forum Purpose is to mobilise and rally young metal workers in particular youth in general behind the banner and the Vision of the national union of metal workers of South Africa (NUMSA)
- Mobilise youth within and outside the union structures
- Building Second tier leadership and grow the union through
- Recruitment of young workers in particular and workers in general to the union
- Youth education and raising level of consciousness
- Advocate for suitable and modern environment for young workers.
- Drive Campaigns
YOUTH FORUM WORK WITH OTHER PROGRESSIVE YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS LIKE:
YOUTH FORUM STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- To recruit and organize young metalworkers to the union especial young graduates that join NUMSA industries
- To sensitize young people across the country about the role of the union especial NUMSA in the work place and in society at large
- To develop mechanisms that will assist to raise levels of consciousness of youth
- To be at the forefront of all NUMSA campaigns
- To build progressive and advance detachment of working class youth within the union(s) and in society at large politically and otherwise
- To come up with new and refreshing ideas that will make the union -fashionable and attractive to young metal workers in particular and youth in general.
- To study and discuss youth policies that are developed by government institutions and presented in parliament and
influence them in line with working class (NUMSA) policy
- To assist the union to champion service to members and be
visible all over the country.
- To develop mechanism that will assist the union to build young
- To build relations with progressive youth formations
- Wage a relentless struggle for free quality decolonized education to all levels.
- To champion work place skill development ensuring that a
cleaner become an engineer.
Young workers from all areas that are covered by the scope of the
union like metal & Engineering, motor, Auto, tyre, Transport, rail,
aviation, Security, Cleaning Services and mining sectors.
Including unemployed, community youth and students.