Surplus in the Metal & Engineering Industry

Members and ex-members are frantically filling in forms to try and get access to the surplus in the retirement funds in the metal industry.

Who is eligible for surplus?
• Did you (or your relative) work in the metal industry between 1 January 1980 and 1 April 2008?

• Were you or are you a member of the following funds?
– Metal Industry Provident Fund (MIPF)
– Engineering Industry Pension Fund (EIPF)

If your answer is yes to one of these questions then you need to contact MIBFA/NUMSA to check if you qualify for surplus in the Metal and Engineering Industry. Phone Mibfa on 0861 50 44 55 or NUMSA on 011 689 1700.

When you contact MIBFA/NUMSA please make sure you have the following documents at hand
• Old and New identity document number

• Any document e.g. benefit statement, membership card or pay slip

• Telephone or cellphone number

• Postal address and street address

When claiming surplus a member is required to fill in a surplus application form attach a certified copy of identity document.

If the member has died, beneficiaries are required to fill in a surplus application form.

Please attach the following documents:
• Copies of deceased’s identity document and death certificate

• Copy of applicant’s identity document

• Copies of beneficiaries identity documents and/or birth certificate

• Letter of Authority from magistrate court, and proof of executor