The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (Numsa) will be publicly launching its Special National Congress (SNC) Discussion Documents this coming Sunday December 01, 2013, Sunnyside Park Hotel, 2 York Road, Parktown, Johannesburg, Gauteng province.
The Special National Congress (SNC) Discussion Documents will be launched officially by the National Office Bearers (NOBs’), namely General Secretary IRVIN JIM, Deputy General Secretary KARL CLOETE, 1st Deputy President ANDREW CHIRWA, 2nd Deputy President CHRISTINE OLIVIER and National Treasurer MPHUMZI MAQUNGO.
The following titled Discussion Documents will be officially launched by the leadership.
- The challenges confronting the labour movement and the Alliance;
- Building a unified COSATU and the labour movement;
- Positioning NUMSA as a shield and spear of struggling workers;
- NUMSA’s approach to 2014 national elections;
- Campaign for Sustainable Industrialisation as an Engine of Growth (Section 77 campaign); AND
- Adoption of a draft NUMSA Service Charter.
The details are as follows:
DATE: Sunday December 01, 2013
VENUE: Sunnyside Park Hotel, Room Prospect 1, 2 York Road, Parktown, Johannesburg
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and report.
Tel (dir): 0116891702