REMINDER: NUMSA NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (NEC) PRESS CONFERENCE THIS COMING SUNDAY 26 MAY 2013, 11H00AM, 29 IMPALA RD, SANDTON
Sunday 26 May 2013
The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (Numsa) held its ordinary and scheduled National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting on Wednesday 22 May 2013 –ended- yesterday Friday 24 May 2013, Birchwood Hotel and Conference Centre, Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, Gauteng province.
The NEC received the political, organizational, international and financial reports from the National Secretariat. As customary the President of Numsa comrade Cedric Gina officially opened the NEC.
The NEC amongst others discussed the following important and critical issues;
• Preparations for the COSATU Central Executive Committee (CEC) meeting scheduled for 27 -29 May 2013; and NUMSA’s approach to the forthcoming Alliance Summit in June 2013;
• Reflections on the SACP’s discussion document titled: Let’s not monumentalise the National Development Plan (NDP);
• NUMSA’s preparations geared towards the decisive electoral victory of the ANC-led Alliance during the 2014 National Elections;
• NUMSA’s planned action against the City of Johannesburg’s Power Utility subsidiary City Power over R800 million tender;
• NUMSA’s approach and perspective to the 2013 Collective Bargaining demands;
The post-National Executive Committee (NEC) Press Conference will be addressed by NUMSA General Secretary IRVIN JIM, President CEDRIC GINA, Deputy General Secretary KARL CLOETE, 1st Deputy PresidentANDREW CHIRWA, 2nd Deputy President CHRISTINE OLIVIER, and National Treasurer MPHUMZI MAQUNGO.
The details are as follows:
DATE: Sunday 26 May 2013
VENUE: NUMSA Investment Company (NIC) Offices, 29 Impala Rd, Sandton
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and report.
National Spokesperson – +2781 011 1137
(1): From ROSEBANK, take Oxford North towards Sandton. Proceed intoRivonia Rd; turn right into Protea Rd, and immediate left into Impala Rd. We will be on number 23 Impala Rd, Block B.
(2): From SANDTON, take Rivonia South, pass IBM. Turn left into Protea Rd, and immediate left into Impala Rd. We will be on number 23 Impala Rd, Block B