The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA) will be publicly launching its 9th National Congress Discussion Documents TODAY Thursday 17 May 2012, Sol Katzner School of Tourism and Hospitality, Protea Auditorium, University of Johannesburg, Bunting Road campus, Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
The 9th National Congress Discussion Documents will be officially launched by the National Office Bearers (NOB’s), namely General Secretary IRVIN JIM, President CEDRIC GINA, Deputy General Secretary KARL CLOETE, National Treasurer PHILLEMON SHIBURI, 1st Deputy President PHIL BOKABA and 2nd Deputy President CHRISTINE OLIVIER.
The following Discussions will be launched officially by the leadership of NUMSA;
1. CRITIQUE OF THE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN OF THE NATIONAL PLANNING COMISSION (NPC)
2. NUMSA & NATIONALISATION: THE ECONOMIC BASIS OF THE STRUGGLE FOR FREEDOM
3. POLITICAL, ECONOMIC AND INTERNATIONAL TRAJECTORY SINCE 2008
4. PERSPECTIVE AND CRITIQUE OF SOUTH AFRICA’s MONETARY AND FINANCIAL POLICY POST 1994: A SYNOPTIC VIEW
5. RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND AGRICULTURE POST 1994: THE NDP AND THE CRISIS OF RURAL AND AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT
6. TOWARDS A METALIC MINERALS BENEFICIATION STRATEGY FOR SOUTH AFRICA
This historic launch of the 9th National Congress Discussion Documents coincides with 25th Anniversary of the formation of NUMSA.
In celebrating our 25 years of relentless struggles for decent jobs, national liberation and socialism, a CAKE-CUTTING ceremony will be held immediately after the launch of the Congress Discussion Documents.
This Launch will be attended by NUMSA Shopstewards, senior government representatives, business representatives, ANC, SACP, COSATU and other affiliates leadership.
The details are as follows:
DATE: Thursday 17 May 2012
VENUE: Sol Katzner School of Tourism and Hospitality, Protea Auditorium, University of Johannesburg, Bunting Road campus, Auckland Park, Johannesburg
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend and report.
Castro Ngobese, National Spokesperson – 083 627 5197
Numsa Press Release