NUMSA Central Committee (CC) will be holding its last session as from yesterday Monday 21 May 2012 –ends- Tuesday 22 May 2012, Vincent Mabuyakhulu Conference Centre (VMCC), 155 Gerard Sekoto (Cnr Bree Streets), Newtown, Johannesburg, Gauteng province.
The CC will be followed by a two (2) day National Policy Workshop.
The purpose of the National Policy Workshop will be to consider issues of policy that needs to be addressed by the 9th National Congress scheduled for June 4 –until- 8 June 2012, iNkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre (ICC), Durban, KwaZulu-Natal province.
The General Secretary of NUMSA IRVIN JIM, President CEDRIC GINA, Deputy General Secretary KARL CLOETE, National Treasurer PHILLEMON SHIBURI, 1st Deputy President PHIL BOKABA and 2nd Deputy President CHRISTINE OLIVIER will address the post-Central Committee Press Conference. The post-CC Press Conference will announce the outcomes of both the CC and NPW, particularly in relation to the following issues;
• The DA’s offensive against COSATU on Youth Wage Subsidy;
• NUMSA’s response to Cabinet’s decision on imposing e-tolling and national youth wage subsidy;
• The racist attack on the person of the ANC President JACOB ZUMA;
• NUMSA Central Committee’s stance on the Labour Law reforms;
• NUMSA Central Committee on the 2012 elective National Congresses of NUMSA, SACP, COSATU & ANC;
• NUMSA 25TH Anniversary Rallies scheduled for the weekend of 26 – 27 May 2012
A post CC Press Conference will be held as follows:
DATE : Thursday 24 May 2012
TIME : 11H00am
VENUE : NUMSA Head Office, 153 Gerard Sekoto (Cnr Bree Streets), Newtown, Johannesburg, Gauteng province
Members of the media are hereby invited to attend.
Castro Ngobese, National Spokesperson – 083 627 5197
Numsa Press Release