04 May 1987 11:00 PM
This Congress noting that:
- Most metal unions are affiliated to national and international labour organisations.
- Such affiliation is in line with this union's objective to strengthen the unity of workers both in and outside of South Africa.
Therefore resolves that:
- The union apply and affiliate to:
- the Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU)
- the International Metalworkers Federation (IMF)
- the International Chemical and Energy Workers Federation (ICEM)
- To ensure maximum effort is put into the active participation in these labour organisations by our union that a committee be apppointed by the Central Committee to deal with the question of solidarity between the union and
COSATU – IMF – ICEF
- any other progressive trade union or labour organisation.
Such solidarity committee ensure that all structures of the union are drawn into practical action in the struggle to achieve worker unity.