In a first for Cosatu trade unions, delegates to Nehawu’s recent congress elected a woman as president. Noluthando Sibiya will lead one of the biggest Cosatu trade unions until its next congress.
- NUMSA supports the indefinite strike by Metalworkers at General Motors in Brazil
- NUMSA condemns SA Steel Mills for failing to keep the workplace safe after four workers were burned with molten steel lava
- NUMSA condemns the reckless statements issued by U.S. President Joe Biden to defend brutal, fascist Apartheid Israel!
- NUMSA condemns the fascist Indian government of Modi for attacking journalists
- NUMSA condemns GroundUp for unethical and unfair news reporting on the CCMA case involving NUMSA Western Cape Regional Secretary Vuyo Lufele 27 June 2023