ADDRESSING delegates on the last day of the Cosatu 8th National Congress, President Bill Lucy of the US trade union federation AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labour), told delegates that the “Supreme Court” appointed President of America, George Bush had failed American workers and that the American economy that had billions of reserves “now has billions of deficit.” The representative went on to say that unlike the ANC, Bush had invented an economy that was doing well, but “millions of workers have lost their jobs since he took over.” AFL-CIO called on South African workers and Cosatu to transform the World Trade Organisation (WTO), World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and to fight back the attack by capital.
- Input and Opening Remarks by President NUMSA President, Andrew Chirwa at the Global ITF Conference
- NUMSA SAYS HANDS OFF WORKERS IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR – THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO STRIKE!
- NUMSA TO MARCH TO THE U.S. EMBASSY TO DEMAND THAT MUMIA ABU-JAMAL BE RELEASED IMMEDIATELY
- NO POINT IN CELEBRATING MARGINAL DROP IN UNEMPLOYMENT WHEN LOADSHEDDING IS THREATENING THE ECONOMY
- NUMSA CONCLUDES A RETRENCHMENT AGREEMENT WITH NAMPAK
- NUMSA Archives (3,278)
- NUMSA National Statements (22)
- NUMSA News Articles (1)