ADDRESSING delegates on the last day of the Cosatu 8th National Congress, President Bill Lucy of the US trade union federation AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labour), told delegates that the “Supreme Court” appointed President of America, George Bush had failed American workers and that the American economy that had billions of reserves “now has billions of deficit.” The representative went on to say that unlike the ANC, Bush had invented an economy that was doing well, but “millions of workers have lost their jobs since he took over.” AFL-CIO called on South African workers and Cosatu to transform the World Trade Organisation (WTO), World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and to fight back the attack by capital.
- NUMSA supports the indefinite strike by Metalworkers at General Motors in Brazil
- NUMSA condemns SA Steel Mills for failing to keep the workplace safe after four workers were burned with molten steel lava
- NUMSA condemns the reckless statements issued by U.S. President Joe Biden to defend brutal, fascist Apartheid Israel!
- NUMSA condemns the fascist Indian government of Modi for attacking journalists
- NUMSA condemns GroundUp for unethical and unfair news reporting on the CCMA case involving NUMSA Western Cape Regional Secretary Vuyo Lufele 27 June 2023